ICC Women’s World T20 2018: India beat Australia by 48 runs to make it 4-wins out of four Matches
Guyana: India beat Australia by 48 runs in their last group encounter to make it 4-wins out of four and top group B. starter Smriti Mandhana led India’s batting as she beat a career-best 83 runs to help the Indian eves post 167 runs on the board in their respective 20 overs. In response, Australia could only manage 119/9 as their batsmen shatter in front of the Indian spinners. The tweakers claimed all the nine wickets. Anuja Patil was the standout bowler as she claimed 3-wickets and gave away 15 runs in the 3.4 overs she bowled.
Captain Harmanpreet Kaur speaking at the post-match presentation ceremony commended her team’s efforts and said, “Credit to the girls for the way we played today. We worked really hard, today the fielding coach must be happy with the way we fielded, proud of the girls. We always enjoy when batting together. She (Smriti Mandhana) played really well and that is what we are expecting from her.” Twittered also could not help but celebrate India’s dominating win over the Aussies. Here are some of the best reactions –
Meanwhile, Australia captain Meg Lanning expressed disappointment and said, “We sort of felt that pace off the ball was effective on this wicket and that was our plan (on not utilizing the fast bowlers). Kaur and Mandhana batted extremely well. We have a lot to work on from here.”
For India; Anuja Patil got 3-wickets and Deepti Sharma, Radha Yadav, and Poonam Yadav took 2-wickets each.
For Australia; Ellyse Perry got 3-wickets. In Addition, Ashleigh Gardner and Delissa Kimmince took 2-wickets each. Apart from this Megan Schutt got 1-success
India Playing XI; Smriti Mandhana, Taniya Bhatia WKT, Jemimah Rodriguesm, Dayalan Hemalatha, Harmanpreet Kaur CPT, Deepti Sharma, Veda Krishnamurthy, Anuja Patil, Radha Yadav, Arundhati Reddy, Poonam Yadav
Australia Playing XI; Beth Mooney, Alyssa Healy WKT, Ashleigh Gardner, Meg Lanning CPT, Elyse Villani, Rachael Haynes, Ellyse Perry, Sophie Molineux, Delissa Kimmince, Megan Schutt, Tayla Vlaeminck
1. This is the first time in the history of Women Team India that they have won their continuously first 4 matches in the World Cup.
2. Mandhana completed his half-century on 31 balls from India. This World T20 is India’s fastest half-century.
3. Mandhana completed his 1000 T20 International run today during his 83 runs innings. She has become the third woman cricketer to do this.
4. This team is India’s second biggest win (48 runs) against Australia. India’s biggest win against Australia in Women Cricket is 59 runs.
5. Captain Harmanpreet scored 43 runs today In which she beat three sixes. With this innings, she left behind Sophie DeVine (12 sixes) of New Zealand in the list of most sixes in the T-20 World Cup.