In the third and crucial T-20 match played between India and England in Bristol, India beaten England by 7 wickets and took the series. India won the toss and invited England to bat first. Earlier, Jason Roy and Jos Buttler stitched a solid 94-run opening stand as England posted an enormous 198/9. Roy scored 67runs off 31 balls while Buttler smashed a 21-ball 34 to give England a solid start. Alex Hales 30runs off 24balls and Jonny Bairstow 25 runoff 14balls. England scored 198/9 in 20 overs. For India Hardik Pandya took 4wickets for 38 runs in his allotted 4 overs. Siddarth Kaul claimed two wickets, while same team Umesh Yadav and Deepak Chahar, who made his international presentation on Sunday, took one wicket apiece.
In reply to England’s 199 runs, India achieved this target by losing only 3 wickets in 18.4 overs. Rohit Sharma scored an unbeaten 100 with an impressive hundred from India. While skipper Virat Kohli adds 43 runs off 29 balls.
Rohit Sharma, who won the match and series against India, was pronouncing Man of the Match and Man of the Series, playing the 100th over of 56 balls in the deciding match. Rohit beat 11-fours and 5-sixes in the 100th over.
India’s star all-rounder Hardik Pandya bowled with an average of 16.50 and 8.25 in this series, making the most wickets for 6 wickets. Pandya had taken only 2 wickets in the first two matches, but taking 4 wickets in the last match, he became the most successful bowler in the series.
These 7 big records broken into the match
1. In the 3rd and final T20, India won the series by 2-1 by beat England by 7 wickets. This is the first time India has won the first-ever Twenty20 series against England on the same territory.
2. Rohit Sharma, who scored 100 runs in this match against England, completed his 2000 runs. He became the 5th batsman in the world to do this. With 2086 runs, Rohit has become the 2nd Indian batsman to make the highest score in T20.
3. Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who has taken 5 catches in this match, has become the first wicketkeeper in the world to take the most catches in an innings.
4.84, Rohit Sharma has become the fourth player to play most T-20 matches. Rohit got this position while leaving Pakistan’s Mohammad Hafeez behind
5. Rohit has equaled New Zealand’s Colin Munro in the casing of the highest century. Rohit and Munro have now scored 3-3 centuries.
6. Mahendra Singh Dhoni holds a total of 5 catches in this match. With this, Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the first wicketkeeper to take 50 catches in the T20 career. In 93 matches, Dhoni has 54 totals.
7. By winning the series 2-1 against England, India scored a record of winning the 6-T20 series.